Tuesday, September 10, 2013

I was still half asleep

This morning started like every other morning.  Turn off alarm, wake up kids, fix husbands thermos, check on kids, let dogs out, fix husband glass of tea, tell son to brush teethe and hair, make coffee, check on daughter, pour up tea to go in the fridge, fix cup of coffee, put on water for new pitcher of tea(we have two gallons at all times in Fridge), straighten blankets on bed, get dressed, get a sip of coffee, finish making the tea, fix or get kids breakfast, breakfast drink, or breakfast bar, get kids in car, kiss husband goodbye, let dogs back in, and take kids to school.  And all of this takes place between 7-7:30am.  Yep that all happens every Mon-Fri.

Today was a little different.  One of the dogs peed on the kitchen floor.  While I was still half asleep all I could think was, I need to bleach that spot.  Without thinking I just poured the bleach straight on the pee.  I heard the fizzy sound and ok, now I am awake.  Ammonia and Chlorine do not mix well, to say the least.  The smell and the fumes had me catching my breath and even after several hours of doors being opened, fresh air coming in and many rinsings  there is still a bleachy smell and weird taste in my mouth.  I may have to rearrange my morning routine and make the coffee first.  Or just get up a little earlier.  No, not getting up earlier.  May just buy some face masks.

No comments:

Post a Comment